Zao nail polish is the perfect shade of coral. Vegan friendly with no nasty toxins.
The composition is free of 10 harmful ingredients: toluene*, formaldehyde*, dibutyl phthalate*, formaldehyde resin, paraben, xylene*, camphor, rosin*, styrene and benzophenone. Therefore, with the new 10 free formula, we have now removed 2 new harmful ingredients: styrene and benzophenone.
Non toxic product: Organic water-based nail polishes chip and flake very easily, so Zao has devised a nail polish that enjoys the quality of traditional nail polishes but without the toxic chemicals, resulting in an effective and long-lasting nail polish that does not compromise your health.
- Dibutylphthalate (Endocrine disruptor. Irritation of the eyes (lacrimation, conjunctivitis) and upperrespiratory tract (nasopharyngitis, bronchitis possible), if ingested or inhaled: headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hematuria, dizziness, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and nephrotoxicity)
- Toluene (Neurotoxic. Its vapors may be irritating to the upper respiratory tract and eyes above 100 ppm. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, peeling and cracking. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression.)
- Formaldehyde (Carcinogen. In 2004, IARC has classified formaldehyde as a carcinogen to humans (Group 1). In Europe, it is classified as “category 3 carcinogen” (possibly carcinogenic to humans), but after a more severe proposal of France, this classification is under review.)
- Xylene (Irritating and nerve: This product causes mild eye irritation and moderate skin irritation. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression. Exposure to vapors may cause irritation of the eyes and upper respiratory tract. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, scaling and cracking.)
- Colophony (rosin) (Irritating / respiratory disorders: Several cases of skin sensitization are also reported. The cases are isolated but quite varied: beauticians who applied depilatory waxes containing rosin, as well as artists who reacted to their stage makeup.)
- Synthetic Camphor (Irritation: eyes, upper respiratory tract if inhaled: decreased frequency of breathing, slow heart rate, worsened symptoms if inhaled in large doses.)
Midz top tip
Apply Zao top and base coat, followed by 2 coats of coral polish, finish with a coat of Zao top and base coat.
Co founder, David Reccole is very passionate about Asian countries, much of his inspiration coming from his travels to India, Vietnam and China.
In 2012 David Reccole, and 2 of his friends, Philippe Donnat and Yvan Rouvier decided to develop an organic make up brand.
Taking their deep values, their love of nature and awareness of our consumption on the environment, Zao was born. The only make brand that is 100% natural and certified organic by Ecocert.
Bamboo was their first choice of material to use when it come to their brands packaging, a natural carbon storer with an exceptional growth rate, it allows Zao products to display a reduced carbon footprint.
Not satisfied with using bamboo for just their packaging they also incorporate formulas in the form of sap
powder, leaf hydrosol or bamboo rhizome macerate within certain Zao products.
Rich in silica, naturally present and produced in the body, it participates in the process of producing collagen, helping preserve the elasticity of skin tissue.
Whilst some packaging is not 100% plastic free, Zao make up may not be perfect but it is the next best thing on the UK market!
HOW TO USE ▾
Apply the gloss by smoothing it on gently with the sponge applicator. Use over a lipstick in the centre of your lips to add a sparkling effect or directly on your lips for a subtle and natural look.
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ISOSORBIDE DICAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, PHOSPHORIC ACID, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS SAP EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, SILICA, ETOCRYLENE. MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER), CI 77266 (BLACK 2), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77019 (MICA), CI 74160 (PIGMENT BLUE 15), CI 74260 (PIGMENT GREEN 7), CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30), CI 15880 (RED 34 LAKE), CI 12085 (RED 36), CI 77861 (TIN OXIDE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE).